Feed for Less with Spring Creek Feed!
Purina Ultium Competition Horse Formula
Purina Ultium Competition Horse Formula is designed for world-class equine athletes, allowing them to compete at their highest levels. Ultium Competition Horse Formula delivers a concentrated amount of energy to these working horses, by distributing this energy over several different sources (vegetable oils, beet pulp and a proprietary mix of other sources).
Because this feed is energy dense, less feed is required for maintenance of body condition when compared to feeds with lower energy density, such as straight grains. Ultium Competition Horse Formula delivers mental focus and manageability, quick recovery and muscle repair, prolonged stamina, a strong top line and less digestive upset.
Feed Form: Pellets and Extruded Nuggets
Recommended For: Competitive equine athletes and other hard-working horses
Purina offers equine feeds, supplements, and treats for breeding and growing, active pleasure, performance, race track, and senior horses.
Every Horse Is a Statement from Its Owner and Its Feed
- Tailored Solutions
Our feeds are precisely formulated for your horse’s age and lifestyle. You’ll see the proof in strong hooves, shiny coats, and healthy horses.
- Driving Passion
We’re passionate about helping horses reach their fullest potential. We are proud to sponsor A Home for Every Horse and professional ambassadors so that every horse’s story can be one of greatness.
- Unparalleled Expertise
With every Purina product, you’re getting the best thinking of the most accomplished group of Ph.D. equine nutritionists and equine experts in the industry.
|Sustained Energy System®||
|Reduced Starch and Sugar||
|Unique Blend of Vegetable Oil, Flax Seed and Rice Bran||
|Targeted Nutrition Delivery™ System||
Patented Feed Form— High Quality Ingredients
Proprietary Technology from a Leader in Equine Sports Nutrition Research
|Highly Fermentable Beet Pulp||
|Vitamins E, C and Selenium||
|Balance of Vitamins and Minerals Including B-Vitamins, Iron, Copper, Calcium, Phosphorus and Magnesium||
Ultium® Competition Horse Formula
Start with the amounts given for the weight and class of horse. However, individual horse variation may require feeding rate adjustment by plus or minus 10-15%. Therefore, the horse's body condition should be assessed at regular intervals (every 2-3 weeks) and the amount fed either increased or decreased to maintain the desired body condition.
Changes in diet should be gradual. A 7-10 day period should be allowed to reach recommended feeding rates. Further increases in feeding rate should not exceed one pound per day for an individual horse.
Always feed a minimum of 1 lb per 100 lbs of body weight of good quality hay and/or pasture.
Fresh clean water and salt should be provided free-choice to all horses.
|- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|Moderate Work (pounds of feed per day)||5.00||5.50||6.00||6.5||7.25||8.0||8.5||9.25|
|Heavy Work (pounds of feed per day)||6.25||7.0||7.75||8.5||9.25||10||10.75||11.5|
|Very Heavy Work (pounds of feed per day)||9.25||10.25||11.5||12.5||13.75||15||16||17.25|
- Do not feed free-choice
- Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
- Feed along with at least 1-1.5% of horse’s body weight of good quality hay or the equivalent in pasture to make a complete ration
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
- Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
- Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects
- Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
- This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
- In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program
- Privacy Page
- Farm & Ranch
- Customer Testimonials
- Learning Center