Feed for Less with Spring Creek Feed!
Purina Race Ready Horse Feed
Energy Demands in the racehorse are extremely high, so the delivery of additional calories becomes paramount. This additional digestible energy must be provided in a manner that maximizes performance while helping to maintain digestive tract health and function. Purina Race Ready Horse Feed is designed to deliver a large amount of energy to these hard-working athletes while addressing digestive tract concerns by distributing the calories over several sources (vegetable oils, digestible fiber such as beet pulp, high-quality natural grains and molasses).
Research has shown that the utilization of vegetable oils and highly fermentable fibers, such as beet pulp, can be of benefit to the hardworking equine athlete.
Purina Race Ready provides the calories required for top speed and endurance from three different energy sources: fats, fibers and soluble carbohydrates. A highly digestible, energy-dense feed, Purina Race Ready Horse Feed maximizes performance while minimizing the opportunity for digestive upset.
CONTAINS THE PROPRIETARY PURINA® AMPLIFY® HIGH FAT NUGGET
Thanks to extensive research and field testing, Purina has learned how certain nutritional advantages can help horses be highly active and productive during their lifetimes, even with the added stress of training regimens and performance expectations.
The Purina® Amplify® Nugget is a palatable, high-fat, extruded particle providing calories for weight gain, performance, lactation and sales prep in a nutritionally balanced formulation that has controlled carbohydrate levels.
This proprietary feed supplement can be found only in Purina® Horse Feeds including Race Ready® Horse Feed.
Feed Form: Mixed Grains and Extruded Nuggets
Recommended For: High performance horses needing speed and endurance.
|Three Energy Sources||
|Vitamins and Minerals||
Fortified to Speed Recovery
|High Palatability Enhances Intake||
|Energy-Dense for Speed and Endurance||
|Feed with Hay or Pasture||
Feed Guard® Nutrition System
Start with the amounts given for the weight and class of horse. After observing the horse, the amount fed may be increased or decreased by 10% to maintain the desired body condition. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse. Always feed a minimum of 1% of body weight of good quality, clean hay or pasture. Salt should always be fed free-choice to all horses.
|- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|Performance & Breeding - Amount to feed in lbs/day|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture||4.25||5.75||7.0||8.25||9.75|
|Race Ready® Horse Feed (lbs/day)*|
|Very Heavy Work||8.00||10.50||13.25||15.75||18.25|
*1 pound of feed = 1 quart of feed
- Do not feed free-choice
- Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
- Feed along with at least 1-1.5% of horse’s body weight of good quality hay or the equivalent in pasture to make a complete ration
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
- Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
- Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects
- Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
- This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
- In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program
- Privacy Page
- Farm & Ranch
- Customer Testimonials
- Learning Center