Feed for Less with Spring Creek Feed!
Purina Omolene 500 Horse Feed
Purina Omolene 500 Horse Feed is formulated for hard-working and endurance equine athletes. Purina Omolene #500 Horse Feed contains the Purina Amplify Nugget, a patented, high-fat, extruded particle that contains a proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice bran for an optimal fatty acid profile.
Omolene 500 Horse Feed features a blend of fat, fermentable fiber and soluble carbohydrates for the equine athlete that needs to perform at their very best over the entire length of an event. It also contains loose beet pulp shreds as an excellent source of fermentable fiber for slow release energy.
Feed Form: Mixed Grains and Extruded Nuggets
Recommended For: Competitive equine athletes and other hard-working horses
Purina offers equine feeds, supplements, and treats for breeding and growing, active pleasure, performance, race track, and senior horses.
Every Horse Is a Statement from Its Owner and Its Feed
- Tailored Solutions
Our feeds are precisely formulated for your horse’s age and lifestyle. You’ll see the proof in strong hooves, shiny coats, and healthy horses.
- Driving Passion
We’re passionate about helping horses reach their fullest potential. We are proud to sponsor A Home for Every Horse and professional ambassadors so that every horse’s story can be one of greatness.
- Unparalleled Expertise
With every Purina product, you’re getting the best thinking of the most accomplished group of Ph.D. equine nutritionists and equine experts in the industry.
|Purina® Amplify® Nugget||
|Vitamins and Minerals||
|Natural Whole Grains||
|Healthier Hair Coat||
|Feed with Hay or Pasture||
|Feed Guard® Nutrition System||
|- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|LEVEL OF WORK||600||800||1,000||1,200||1,400|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture (lbs/day) *||7.0||9.5||12.0||14.5||17.0|
|Omolene #500®Horse Feed (lbs/day)**|
|Very Heavy Work||8.00||10.50||13.25||20.75||18.25|
*This is the recommended minimum amount of hay to be fed. For every 2 lbs of additional hay fed, decrease the amount of Omolene #500®
Horse Feed offered by 1 lb. EXAMPLE: Using the chart above, if feeding 14 lbs of hay instead of 12 lbs to a 1,000 lb moderate work horse,
reduce Omolene #500® Horse Feed offered by 1.0 lb from 7.0 to 6.0 lbs per day (2 lbs of additional hay divided by 2.0 lbs = 1.0 lb less of
Omolene #500® Horse Feed).
**Do not feed less than 0.4 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight per day. EXAMPLE: A 1,000 lb horse has ten 100 lb increments (1,000 divided
by 100 = 10). So for this horse, do not feed less than 4.0 lbs per day (10 x 0.4 = 4.0 lbs per day). If your horse gains too much weight at
that minimum feeding rate, then you should replace Omolene #500® Horse Feed with Purina’s Nature’s Essentials® Enrich 12® or Enrich 32®
• Do not feed free-choice
• Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
• Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
• Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
• Feed along with at least 1-1.5% of horse’s body weight of good quality hay or the equivalent in pasture to make a complete ration
• Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
• Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
• Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects
• Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
• This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
• In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program
- Privacy Page
- Farm & Ranch
- Customer Testimonials
- Learning Center