Feed for Less with Spring Creek Feed!
Nature’s Essentials Free Balance 12:12 Supplement
Nature’s Essentials Free Balance 12:12 Supplement is a vitamin and mineral supplement with Granular Technology Delivery System. Also includes added vitamins E and D, improved copper, zinc, magnesium and potassium levels. Available in a 25 lb. bucket and 40 lb. block.
Feed Form: Granular Mineral or Block
Recommended For: Maintenance horses on pasture or hay.
EQUINE VITAMIN & MINERAL SUPPLEMENT TO BALANCE FORAGES AND GRAINS
Throughout history, the ability to pick up and move to “greener pastures” has permitted generations of horses to thrive on forages. Total freedom and mobility has meant they naturally received nutritional variety from the vastly different geographic areas they frequented.
But today’s horses are typically limited to a single type of forage in one geographic area. Pastures in the same area or even different sections of the same pasture can have inadequate and/or inconsistent nutrient values. Grains such as oats and corn also have inadequate and/or variable amounts of protein, minerals and vitamins. So horses need help to achieve the nutritional balance they once derived naturally.
THAT’S WHERE FREE BALANCE 12:12 SUPPLEMENT CAN HELP
For horses who are not receiving a balanced concentrate feed, the highly palatable Purina® Free Balance® 12:12 Vitamin & Mineral Supplement provides the added vitamins and minerals needed to balance a pasture or hay-only diet. Purina® Free Balance® 12:12 is also available in a 40 pound block.
Every Horse Is a Statement from Its Owner and Its Feed
- Tailored Solutions
Our feeds are precisely formulated for your horse’s age and lifestyle. You’ll see the proof in strong hooves, shiny coats, and healthy horses.
- Driving Passion
We’re passionate about helping horses reach their fullest potential. We are proud to sponsor A Home for Every Horse and professional ambassadors so that every horse’s story can be one of greatness.
- Unparalleled Expertise
With every Purina product, you’re getting the best thinking of the most accomplished group of Ph.D. equine nutritionists and equine experts in the industry.
|Granular Technology Delivery System™||
|Vitamins and Minerals||
|Feed with Hay or Pasture||
|Feed Guard® Nutrition System||
Free Choice: Set Free Balance® 12:12 vitamin and mineral supplement in a large tub or mineral feeder under shelter or in a run-in shed. Research shows horses consume on average 2 ounces per head per day. Horses will eat more than the average some days and less on other days. Some horses will over-consume this supplement when first given free choice. If excessive consumption (more than 4 ounces/day) occurs for longer than 2 days, remove access for 2 days, then return to free choice. If over-consumption still occurs, try the Free Balance® 12:12 vitamin and mineral supplement in loose mineral form. Follow the measured feeding directions to top dress the horse’s regular grain or concentrate.
Measured Feeding (Loose Mineral): Use the scoop provided to top dress 2 ounces once daily per horse onto regular grain or concentrate.
- Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
- Feed along with at least 1-1.5% of horse’s body weight of good quality hay or the equivalent in pasture to make a complete ration
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
- Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
- Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects
- Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
- This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
- In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program
- Privacy Page
- Farm & Ranch
- Customer Testimonials
- Learning Center