$2 off Pennington Naturals Cover Crop Seed Mixture, in August, at Spring Creek Feed Center.
Now that you’ve harvested the last of your summer vegetables, it’s time to put down your cover crop. At Spring Creek Feed Center, we’ve got one of the best cover crops available, Pennington Naturals Cover Crop seed mixture. Pennington Naturals Cover Crop seed mixture is available in a 3 lb bag and covers up to 1000 square feet. Traditionally, we have used cover crops for two main purposes, which are erosion control and additional spring forage. Today, however, the uses and benefits of the various cover crops are varied and numerous.
Natural benefits to the soil and garden throughout the off season
- Slows erosion
- Improves soil health
- Smothers weeds
- Helps control pests and diseases
- Beautiful garden coverage for the off-season of growth
Planting and Growing
- Prepare – Once harvested your summer garden, remove any residue from the previous crop to ensure good seed/soil contact
- Plant the seeds – Plant at recommended seeding rate during suggested planting window. Ideal depth is 1/8 inch
- Watch it grow – With the proper care, it won’t be long before you see your cover crops grow
Sale valid August 1 through August 31, 2017, at Spring Creek Feed Center.