Feed for Less with Spring Creek Feed!
Purina Strategy Professional Formula GX Horse Feed
In 1991, Strategy Professional Formula GX horse feed revolutionized horse nutrition by becoming the first commercial pelleted feed created for horses of all ages and lifestyles. Over 1 billion feedings later, it is still the gold standard in convenience and value for horse professionals.
Feed Form: All Pellets
Recommended For: Strategy Professional Formula GX is for any horse, at any life stage. Maintenance, growing, breeding and performance horses.
|A BETTER VALUE||
|HELPS BREEDING HORSES THRIVE||
|PROMOTES STRONG GROWTH||
|HORSES CAN LOOK AND FEEL BETTER||
|TOP PERFORMANCE HORSES||
Strategy® Professional Formula GX horse feed
Feeding Directions With Hay or Pasture
Start with the amounts given for the weight and class of the horse. After observing the horse for a period of time, the amount fed may be increased or decreased by 10% to obtain the desired body condition and weight. More specific recommendations may also be obtained from a Purina Mills representative. Please consult the tag sewn onto this bag for complete feeding recommendations.
|LIFESTYLE||Hay (Lbs. per day)*||Strategy (Lbs. per day)**|
|Active Pleasure (lbs/day)||1.2% of body weight||1/3 to 1/2% of body weight|
|Performance (lbs/day)||1.2% of body weight||3/4 to 1-1/2% of body weight***|
|Pregnant Mares (1 to 7 months)||1.2% of body weight||1/3 to 1/2% of body weight|
|Pregnant Mares (Last 90 days)||1.2% of body weight||1/3 to 1/2% of body weight|
|Lactating Mares||1.2% of body weight||1 to 1-1/2% of body weight|
|Breeding Stallions||1.2% of body weight||3/4 to 1% of body weight|
|Suckling Foals||1 lb per month of age|
|Growing Weanlings||1% of body weight||1-1/4 to 2-1/2% of body weight****|
|Growing Yearlings||1% of body weight||1 to 1-1/2% of body weight****|
EXAMPLE: 1,000 lb active pleasure horse x 1/3% of Body Weight - 1,000 x .003 = 3 lbs of Strategy® fed per day**.
* This is the recommended minimum amount of hay to be fed. If feeding more hay, decrease amount of Strategy® fed by 1 lb per 2 lbs of additional hay fed.
If feeding a grass hay diet, feed 1/2 to 1 lb/horse/day MORE of the Strategy® . After observing the horse for a period of time, the amount fed may be
increased or decreased by 10% to obtain the desired body condition and weight.
** Do not feed less than 1/3% of Body Weight of Strategy® to mature horses or less than 1% of Body Weight to growing horses. If they gain too much
weight at this minimum feeding rate, then horses should be changed from Strategy® to Nature's Essentials® Enrich 32® or Enrich 12®
*** Feed at the higher rate for harder working horses
**** Feed at the higher rate if rapid growth is desired
- Do not feed free-choice
- Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
- Feed along with at least 1-1.5% of horse’s body weight of good quality hay or the equivalent in pasture to make a complete ration
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
- Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
- Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
- This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
- In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program
- Farm & Ranch
- Customer Testimonials
- Learning Center
- 1 April:
- 22 April:
- 29 April:
- 1 May:
- 6 May:
- 11 May:
- 20 May:
- 27 May:
- 28 May:
- 11 June: