Feed for Less with Spring Creek Feed!
Purina Strategy Professional Formula GX Horse Feed
One diet. Multiple lifestyles. Purina Strategy Professional Formula GX Horse Feed is as simple and as complex as that. Simple, because the perfected-over-time formula provides 100%
of the required protein, vitamins and minerals for a wide variety of horses in your barn, when fed as directed.* While there will always be individual horses with specialized nutrition and management needs, Strategy® GX meets the nutritional needs of the vast majority of horses with a single formulation. So even when your horses are in different stages of breeding or development and varying levels of performance, Strategy® GX delivers complex, balanced nutrition in a simpli ed feeding program.
Complex, because over the past 12+ years, Purina Animal Nutrition Center researchers have fed Strategy® GX almost 20,000 times in feeding trials and research studies to optimize palatability, growth, exercise performance, and manufacturing quality. The results and resulting optimizations make Strategy® GX the unbeatable formula it is today.
Feed Form: Pelleted
Recommended For: All ages and lifestyles
Protein that performs
High quality protein sources and amino acids deliver a balanced profile that supports foal development, milk production, muscle growth & development and high-level performance.
Designed for Healthy Appearance
Added fat and balanced nutrients support optimal body condition and shiny, healthy-looking haircoats.
Controlled Starch and Sugars
More calories from fat and fibers provides multiple fuel sources to support overall health.
Purina® Outlast® Supplement Added to Support Proper Gastric pH
Outlast® supplement contains a unique blend of ingredients that are designed to support gastric balance, giving you and your horse the confidence to perform.
Exceptional Palatability for Consistent Nutrient Intake
Tasted and Tested. Hundreds of feeding trials at the Purina Animal Nutrition Center and in the field confirm exceptional palatability.
Top Quality Ingredients
Only ingredients that meet our stringent quality criteria make it into our mills and feed bags. Any shipment that doesn’t meet or exceed our standards is turned away.
|Copper (Cu)||MIN||80.00 PPM|
|Zinc (Zn)||MIN||280.00 PPM|
|Vitamin A||MIN||3000 IU/LB|
|Vitamin E||MIN||125 IU/LB|
|Selenium (Se)||MIN||0.60 PPM|
|Neutral Detergent Fiber (NDF)||MAX||
|Acid Detergent Fiber (ADF)||MAX||
Feeding directions with hay or pasture. Start with the amounts given for the weight and lifestyle of the horse. After observing the horse for a period of time, the amount fed may be increased or decreased by 10% to obtain the desired body condition and weight.
|Weight of Horse in Pounds|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture* (lbs/day)||7.00||9.50||12.00||14.50||17.00|
|Strategy® Professional GX Horse Feed (lbs/day)**|
|Very Heavy Work||8.75||11.75||14.50||17.25||20.25|
|Early Gestation (first 250 days)||2.50||3.25||4.00||4.75||5.50|
|Late Gestation last 90 days)||3.50||4.75||5.75||7.00||8.00|
|Lactation (when fed separately)||7.75||10.25||12.75||15.25||17.75|
|Weaned Foal through Yearling||300||400||500||600||700|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture* (lbs/day)||3.00||4.00||6.00||7.00||8.50|
|Strategy® GX horse feed (lbs/day)***||7.50-8.50||7.75-8.75||7.25-9.5||7.75-10.25||8.00-10.25|
*This is the recommended minimum amount of hay to be fed. If feeding more hay, reduce the feeding rate of Strategy® GX horse feed by 1.0 pound for every additional 2.0 pounds of hay fed.
**Do not feed less than 0.3 pounds per 100 pounds of body weight per day for mature horses or 0.75 pounds per 100 pounds of body weight per day for yearlings . If your horse gains too much weight at that minimum feeding rate, then you should replace Strategy® GX horse feed with Enrich Plus®ration balancing feed.
***Use lower feeding rate for moderate growth rate and the higher feeding rate to support more rapid growth.
- Feeding rates will vary with size, age, temperament, health status, forage quality,climate and activity level. Feed at regular times - at least twice daily - with three daily feedings preferred. Let horses feed in a natural position from troughs with large bottoms, placed at normal head height or lower. Do not feed free-choice. Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feedstuff.
- Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse which is hot, excited or showing pain, has fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise.
- Always feed a minimum of 1.0 to 1.2 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight of good quality, clean hay or the equivalent in pasture.
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb per day for each horse.
- Have plenty of clean, fresh water available at all times. Provide your horse with access to salt. Maintain an effective control program for internal parasites. Have the horse's teeth examined annually and consult your veterinarian on a regular basis.
- Make the feed change gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
- Mix the new feed with the old, gradually increasing the amount of the new feed while decreasing an equal amount of the old.
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1 pound per day for each horse.
- Farm & Ranch
- Customer Testimonials
- Learning Center
- 1 August:
- 12 August:
- 18 August:
- 19 August:
- 26 August:
- 3 September: