Feed for Less with Spring Creek Feed!
Purina Omolene 200 Horse Feed
For performance, breeding and growing horses. . . Purina Omolene #200 Horse Feed contains the Purina Amplify Nugget, a patented, high-fat, extruded particle that contains a proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice bran for an optimal fatty acid profile. Instead of using straight cane molasses which is high in sugar, Purina Omolene #200 Horse Feed contains a unique blend of molasses and soy oil for a higher fat molasses that horse love to eat.
Feed Form: Mixed Grains and Extruded Nuggets
Recommended For: Performance, breeding, mares in foal, lactating mares and yearlings.
|Purina® Amplify® Nugget||
|Vitamins and Minerals||
|Natural Whole Grains||
|Healthier Hair Coat||
|Feed with Hay or Pasture||
|Feed Guard® Nutrition System||
|- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture*||7.0||9.50||12.0||14.5||17.0|
|Omolene #200® Horse Feed (lbs/day)|
|Very Heavy Work||8.00||10.75||13.50||16.00||18.75|
|Early Gestation (first 250 days)||2.25||3.00||3.75||4.25||5.00|
|Late Gestation (last 90 days)||3.25||4.25||5.50||6.50||7.50|
|Lactation (when fed seperately)||7.25||9.50||11.75||14.00||16.50|
|- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture*||7.00||8.50||9.50||11.00|
|Omolene #200® Horse Feed (lbs/day)***||7.00-9.25||7.25-9.50||7.25-9.00||7.50-9.00|
*This is the recommended minimum amount of hay to be fed. If feeding more hay, reduce the feeding rate of Omolene #200® Horse Feed
by 1.0 lb for everyadditional 2.0 lbs of hay fed. EXAMPLE: Using the chart above, if feeding 14 lbs instead of 12 lbs of hay to
a 1,000 lb moderate work horse, reduce Omolene #200® Horse Feed offered by 1.0 lb from 7.0 to 6.0 lbs per day (2.0 lbs of
additional hay divided by 2.0 lbs = 1.0 lb less of Omolene #200® Horse Feed).
**Do not feed less than 0.35 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight per day. EXAMPLE: A 1,000 lb horse has ten 100 lb increments
(1,000 dividedthat minimum feeding rate, then you should replace Omolene #200® Horse Feed with Purina’s Nature’s
Essentials® Enrich 12® or Enrich32® Horse Supplement. by 100 = 10). So for this horse, do not feed less than 3.5
lbs per day (10 x 0.35 = 3.5 lbs per day). If your horse gains too much weight at that minimum feeding rate, then you
should replace Omolene #200® Horse Feed with Purina’s Nature’s Essentials® Enrich 12® or Enrich
32® Horse Supplement.
***Use lower feeding rate for moderate growth rate and the higher feeding rate to
support more rapid growth rate.
- Do not feed free-choice
- Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
- Feed along with at least 1-1.5% of horse’s body weight of good quality hay or the equivalent in pasture to make a complete ration
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
- Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
- Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects
- Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
- This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
- In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program
- Farm & Ranch
- Customer Testimonials
- Learning Center