Feed for Less with Spring Creek Feed!
Purina Equine Adult Horse Feed
Purina Equine Adult Horse Feed is a complete, convenient way to feed horses in their middle years. A horse’s middle years are often the most demanding and maintaining proper dietary balance can be complicated and confusing for owners. The Purina Equine Research Team developed Equine Adult horse feed to provide a total nutritional package of high-quality protein, energy, vitamins and minerals along with highly digestible fiber.
Feed Form: Complete Pellet
Recommended For: Horses in their middle years that range from active pleasure to easy keepers.
|Contains High-Quality Protein, Energy, Vitamins and Minerals||
|Fortified with Purina®Animax®||
|Vitamins and Minerals||
|Feed Guard® Nutrition System||
|- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|Light Work (lb)||7.5||11.0||14.5||18.0||22.0||23.0|
Weight management program - feeding Purina® Equine Adult® Horse Feed at a reduced rate can help horses which are obese. Begin by cutting the recommended feeding rate by 10%. Continue to adjust the rate until you reach the desired weight for your horse, then return to the feeding rates that are recommended for your horse's weight and activity level.
Miniature horse/ponies - Purina® Equine Adult® Horse Feed is an ideal feed for
miniature horses and ponies at maintenance and light work activity
Winter feeding - depending on your geographic location, the amount
of feed may be increased by about 10-15% to offset body heat losses.
Hay - small amounts of good quality hay may be fed along with
equine adult. The amount of equine adult can be reduced about
one pound for each 2 pounds of hay fed.
- Do not feed free-choice
- Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
- Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
- Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
- This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
- In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program
- Farm & Ranch
- Customer Testimonials
- Learning Center